I am so excited to announce the 3rd year of Purse Palooza! Since I design bag patterns, running Purse Palooza every year is kind of my passion. I know you’ve been looking forward to this, too!
1. Every weekday from October 2nd – October 29th, I have 2 amazing guest bloggers scheduled to share with you a purse sewing pattern review. None of the purses reviewed last year are being reviewed again, so these will be fresh sewing pattern reviews! The review will contain detailed information about what they thought about the sewing pattern, modifications they made, what kind of interfacing they used, and more! Get inspired!
2. Even more exciting…THERE WILL BE A GIVEAWAY EVERY WEEKDAY DURING THE EVENT! That’s right, 20 GIVEAWAYS! This year, I have some help with the giveaways – Cyndi of The Nosy Pepper will be putting together the giveaway posts, so check back here during the weekdays in October!
3. At the end of the event, you will get a chance to show me your purse in order to win some amazing prizes! Of course, international entries are welcome too!
The following is the schedule of the bag pattern reviews. I will update each bag link as the post goes live, so check back here to see as the bag reviews come in!
Oct 2 – Allegory @ 1000 Needles (Noodlehead Road Trip Case)
Scott @ Kept in Stitches – (McCall’s M5824)
Oct 3 – Cyndi @ The Nosy Pepper (Swoon Betty Bowler)
Maria (Michelle Patterns Pocket Clutch)
Oct 6 – Chloe @ Deadly Craft (Scallop of the Sea Clutch)
Jessy @ Auntie Matter (Dog Under My Desk Date Night Bag)
1. Check out all the purse pattern reviews throughout the month and get inspired to sew up a purse of your own!
2. Link up your completed purse right at the bottom of this post BETWEEN OCTOBER 2nd AND NOVEMBER 14th. Your purse must be created and photographed between those dates; purses made prior to October 2, 2014 will be disqualified. The purse may be of your own design, or made from a sewing pattern. You can link from Flickr, your blog post, Instagram, or wherever else you host your photos.
3. There is no limit to how many purses you may enter, as long as they were made between October 2nd and November 14th. Only one link-up per purse please.
*Note: Besides bags and purses, for this event I will also accept clutches, backpacks, wallets, etc.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to comment on this post and I will get back to you!
This year, I will have a guest judge narrow down to 20 favorites out of the entry pool, and we’ll have voting to get to our top 3! Also, a randomly-drawn winner out of all those who submit a finished bag will be chosen for 4th prize – giving everyone an extra chance to win!
1st Prize –
Essentials by Pat Bravo is the perfect stash-builder for your fabric collection! With beautiful and pure hues, you can make a project from Essentials alone or pair them with your favorite Art Gallery Fabrics!
Fat Quarter Shop is the largest on-line retailer of fat quarter bundles, but they have so much more – notions, patterns, precuts, and more! Free shipping on orders over $80 in the U.S. (and discounted international shipping).
Westwood Acres is my favorite spot for beautifully curated bundles. Whether you’d like to sample prints in a fat eighth bundle or go all-in with a half-yard bundle, check out Westwood Acres for the newest and greatest!
2nd prize –
Rapture by Pat Bravo is a collection of the most delicate shades of pink, yellow, and blue. It features a dream-like design palette, and I know you’ll love using it for your next project!
Zipper Island is your one-stop shopping for all of your zipper and zipper pull needs! They carry an array of colors, sizes, and zipper types!
3rd Prize –
Pat Bravo has beautifully illustrated and easy to understand garment, bag, and quilt patterns. This prize pack will include her 5 best-selling bag patterns.
Premium Sewing Outlet has any notion or gadget imaginable – I always find something new I’d never seen before! Also a large array of patterns, embroidery, and more!
4th Prize (randomly-drawn winner) –
Thank you so much to ALL of the sponsors this year!
Charlie’s Aunt – Serendipity Studio – Sewing Patterns by Mrs. H. – In Color Order – Charmed Liebling – Chris W. Designs – Clover & Violet – Jen Fox Studios – Emmaline Bags – Wives of Whitewood – Betz White – Aylin-Nilya – The Littlest Thistle – Craftsy – Swoon Patterns – V. and Co. – Noodlehead – Boutique Unique – Michelle Patterns – ModKid – Pat Bravo – Fat Quarter Shop – Premium Sewing Outlet – Zipper Island – Westwood Acres
How to Enter Your Completed Bag
You may link up a bag completed by you between October 2, 2014 and November 14, 2014. You may link up as many bags as you make during this time. Please link a photo from Flickr, your blog, Instagram, or other photo-sharing site.