Announcing the Tula Pink Sew Along! If you’ve been around my blog lately, you know that I’m a huge fan of Tula Pink. Besides being a gifted artist slash fabric designer, she is also a just-as-gifted quilt pattern designer. You can see many of her quilt patterns here, as well as additional patterns in her book, ‘Quilts from the House of Tula Pink’. If you don’t already have it (and you must!!), get your copy of the book here.
This sew along will roll out in two phases; in Phase 1, I will be introducing you to a Tula Pink quilt created by my talented group of guest bloggers! Each paper quilt pattern and book quilt pattern will be represented, so you will get to see a huge line-up of quilts! You can check my blog every weekday from September 24th through October 26th, where you will find a new guest post every day highlighting the quilts they’ve made and reviewing the patterns.
Here is the schedule of guest posts that will appear:
Sept 24 – Sara @ Sew Sweetness (Dream Weaver/book)
Sept 25 – Katie @ Katie’s Korner (Beanstalks/book)
Sept 26 – Lisa @ That Crazy Quilty Girl (Cloudy Day/book)
Sept 27 – Becky @ My Fabric Obsession (Houndstooth/book)
Sept 28 – Caitlin at I Don’t Do Dishes (Spiked Punch)
Oct 1 – Amanda @ A Crafty Fox (Alphabet)
Oct 2 – Michelle @ City House Studio (Fade to Pink)
Oct 3 – Marci @ Marci Girl Designs (Le Petite Salon)
Oct 4 – Katie @ There and Back (Field Study
Oct 5 – Lorelei @ Mermaid Sews (Hushabye)
Oct 8 – Anorina @ Samelia’s Mum (Pancakes)
Oct 9 – Jenna @ Sew Happy Geek (LOVE)
Oct 10 – Lindsey @ LR Stitched (Fairy Tale Lane/book)
Oct 11 – DeeDee @ mybricole (Any Which Way/book)
Beth @ Plum and June (Cartwheels)
Oct 12 – Katy @ The Littlest Thistle (Crown Jewels)
Oct 15 – Colleen @ The Busy Bean (Shattered Glass/book)
Oct 16 – Kristen @ KD-Quilts (Stacks/book)
Oct 17 – Roseann @ Rosebud’s Cottage (Shattered Glass/book)
Oct 18 – Emily @ Mommy’s Naptime (Lollipops/book)
Oct 19 – Jeannette @ Gone Aussie Quilting (Honey Honey)
Oct 22 – Brenda @ Pink Castle Fabrics (Windswept)
Oct 23 – Bianca @ Sweet Diesel Designs (Stacks/book)
Oct 24 – Jessica @ Sew Crafty Jess (Snow Globes)
Oct 25 – Elizabeth @ Don’t Call Me Betsy (Space Dust)
Oct 26 – Kim @ My Go-Go Life (Kiss Kiss)
Kim Munoz (Grand Salon/book)
During Phase 2, I turn the creating over to you! You have until Monday, November 12, 2012 to make something and be eligible for some outstanding prizes!! Here are the rules to be eligible for entry into the contest:
1. Join the Tula Pink Sew Along Flickr Group.
2. To be counted for entry into the contest, get sewing!! Sewn item must be made from a Tula Pink pattern (or from her book) *OR* made from at least 50% Tula Pink fabric (such as a bag, dress, etc.). If you are sewing from a Tula Pink pattern, the fabric does not need to be Tula Pink fabric.
3. If you will be adding an item to the pool to be counted as an entry, it must be sewn and photographed from September 24th through November 12th, 2012. Any items completed before September 24th are not eligible.
4. You may add up to 2 photographs per item.
5. You may add as many items as you want, as long as you made them each within the time frame. If you are making a quilt, the quilt top is adequate to be entered. Anything smaller (mug rug, mini quilt, bag, dress) should be completely finished.