I love giving lectures and doing all-day workshops! I live in Chicago, Illinois. I have a calm nature and can teach my patterns to a range of sewing skills, even those that have never sewn a bag before. Here is some basic information for shops and guilds.
Please contact me with any special requests. firstname.lastname@example.org
TRUNK SHOW/INTERFACING LECTURE INFORMATION:
Length: 1 hour
• 1-2 tables to be available for materials and trunk show
• I will provide one interfacing charm pack (11 interfacings) for each person attending, as well as a handout
• books and patterns will be available for purchase (unless at a shop, in that case you may sell your own stock)
You may choose any bag pattern
Length: 7 hours, with break for lunch
Workshops are designed for groups of 20 or less students. If the facility allows for more students, this can be discussed on a case-by-case basis.
The students will be provided with the pdf sewing pattern by Sara Lawson free of charge
IMPORTANT – students will be required to cut fabric and fuse/baste their interfacing before coming to class
• 1 table for teaching materials
• Half a table of workspace for each student
• At least 2 irons and ironing stations, electrical cords and extensions, and outlet strips
Events will be asked to pay mileage or hotel/airfare where applicable.