|Elizabeth’s Wheel of Fortune mini quilt|
Well Happy New Year’s to you all! Thank you everyone so much for your kind wishes to my previous post about my 2012 rundown…I have the best blog readers and friends ever!! I decided to spend my New Year’s Eve dying some fabric! I got some Architextures in the mail today…I ordered 4 yards of the ‘Scribble Notes in Charcoal’ print, to use as background fabric for Elizabeth’s Lucky Stars Block of the Month. I dyed it using turquoise procion dye from Dharma Trading Co. read more
– 1 charm pack (33 charm squares) for the exterior
– 1 meter/1 yard interior fabric
– 1.8 meters/2 yards Vilene #G700 fusible woven interfacing/Pellon SF-101 fusible woven interfacing
– 1.8 meters/2 yards Vilene 520/Pellon 520F fusible interfacing (or you may substitute 2 yards Vilene #S80 Heavy Sew-in/Pellon Peltex #70 Ultra-Firm Sew-In combined with 2 yards fusible woven interfacing)
– 0.5 meter or 1/2 yard Vilene #H630 iron-on volume fleece/Pellon #987 fusible fleece
– 50cm (20″) zipper
– 58cm – 71cm (23″ – 28″) leather handles (I used size 71cm/28″ handles for a shoulder bag)
– 1cm (1/2″) magnetic snap
– zipper foot
– seam ripper
– coordinating thread
– hand sewing needle
– fabric marker or chalk read more
This post is part of the ’12 Days of Christmas’ Sampler Quilt Along series. For tutorials on how to make the other blocks, please see the block schedule here!
Hello all! Moving right along, today’s block is It’s All About Presents from Elizabeth at Don’t Call Me Betsy. This block is super-cute, and perfect for using some scraps! I just love that she separated the red and green fabrics in her original block. Can’t wait to make this one!!
Pop on over to the Flickr Group for block discussion, or if you have any questions along the way when making this block! I have really enjoyed seeing the creative blocks!
The next block is coming on Thursday! read more