Supplies (will make 1 train case)
- 1/2 yard of exterior fabric
- 1 yard of lining fabric
- Optional for piping: Fat quarter of solid fabric
- 1-1/4 yards of 20” wide Pellon® SF-101 Shape Flex® fusible woven interfacing (or light-weight fusible interfacing)
- 1/2 yard of By Annie’s Soft and Stable™, available at local quilt shops or on-line (Soft and Stable is a 1/8” thick, foam sew-in interfacing; you can also substitute a needled fleece fusible interfacing for the Soft and Stable, such as Pellon #TP971F Thermolam Plus fusible interfacing)
- Optional: 1/4 yard Pellon #70 Peltex sew-in interfacing (or extra-heavy interfacing) for a firm lid/bottom – recommended for the larger sizes, or if planning to put heavy things or lots of cosmetics in the finished bag!
- Optional for piping: 5/32” cotton cording (small – 1-1/3 yard; medium – 2 yard; large 2-1/4 yard)
- Regular zipper for exterior (small – 20”; medium – 26” (24” will work but you may see the metal zipper stop); large – 32”) – or use a zipper roll; do not trim until directed to
- Regular zipper for lining (small – 7”; medium – 9”; large – 12”) – feel free to use a longer zipper and trim down
- Optional for piping: 2-1/2 yard Pellon Wonder Under tape –OR- fabric glue for glue basting
Check out this helpful video on attaching the lid/bottom to the cases.
Copyright ©Sew Sweetness 2014
Sewn items made from Sew Sweetness sewing patterns may be sold by the home sewist at craft fairs and on-line.