Due to the out-of-the-ballpark success and fun of Purse Palooza 2012 last year, I have put together a fun event to get you sewing a purse for 2013! Here’s how it works:
1. Every weekday from September 30th – October 25th, I have 2 amazing guest bloggers scheduled to share with you a purse sewing pattern review. None of the purses reviewed last year are being reviewed again, so these will be fresh sewing pattern reviews! The review will contain detailed information about what they thought about the sewing pattern, modifications they made, what kind of interfacing they used, and more! Get inspired!
2. Even more exciting…THERE WILL BE A GIVEAWAY EVERY WEEKDAY DURING THE EVENT! That’s right, 20 GIVEAWAYS! This year, I have some help with the giveaways – Tiffany of This Crafty Fox will be putting together the giveaway posts, so check back here during the weekdays in October!
3. At the end of the event, you will get a chance to show me your purse in order to win some amazing prizes! Of course, international entries are welcome too!
All About Bag Interfacing
September 30 – Kim – Kim’s Krafts (Charlie’s Aunt Anglia Bag)
Kerry - PennyDog Patchwork (Sewing Patterns by Mrs. H Satchel Bag)
1. Check out all the purse pattern reviews throughout the month and get inspired to sew up a purse of your own!
2. Link up your completed purse right at the bottom of this post BETWEEN SEPTEMBER 30th AND NOVEMBER 11th. Your purse must be created and photographed between those dates; purses made prior to September 30, 2013 will be disqualified. The purse may be of your own design, or made from a sewing pattern. You can link from Flickr, your blog post, or wherever else you host your photos.
3. There is no limit to how many purses you may enter, as long as they were made between September 30th and November 11th. Only one link-up per purse please.
*Note: Besides bags and purses, for this event I will also accept clutches, backpacks, wallets, etc.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to comment on this post and I will get back to you!
|Greenbacks Wallet Trio|
1st prize – 4th prize will receive an AWESOME prize pack courtesy of Pat Bravo, genius fabric designer extraordinaire! The prize packs will each include 3 Pat Bravo sewing patterns (La Boheme Skirt, Barcelona Bag, and Capri Bag), a pack of Pat Bravo Aurifil Threads (small thread pack may vary, as there are 3 different packs), and 10 Pat Bravo fat quarters (fat quarters may vary).
Retail value of each prize pack: $127.
There will also be one randomly-drawn winner out of all purses entered, and this winner will receive a $50 gift certificate to my publisher, Martingale (as well as a copy of my book!).
Retail value of prize pack: $77.
Grab a button!!
<div align="center"><a href="http://sewsweetness.com/2013/09/purse-palooza-2013.html" title="Sew Sweetness"><img src="http://sewsweetness.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/pursepalooza12.jpg" alt="Sew Sweetness" style="border:none;" /></a></div>