I have put together a fun event to get you sewing a purse for the summer! Here’s how it works:
1. Every weekday in June, I have 2 amazing guest bloggers scheduled to share with you a purse sewing pattern review. The review will contain detailed information about what they thought about the sewing pattern, modifications they made, what kind of interfacing they used, and more! Get inspired!
2. Even more exciting…THERE WILL BE A GIVEAWAY EVERY WEEKDAY IN JUNE! That’s right, 20 GIVEAWAYS! Your Giveaway Fairy Godmother is Kim from My Go-Go Life - she has some unbelievable giveaways planned!
3. At the end of the event, you will get a chance to show me your purse in order to win some amazing prizes!
|My free tutorial: Caliti Convertible Clutch|
Pattern Review Schedule
All About Bag Interfacing
June 4 – Sara @ Sewsweetness (Pat Bravo Capri Bag)
Kim @ My Go-Go Life (Sew Sweetness Lindsay Tote)
June 5 – Meg @ Fashioned by Meg (Anna Maria Horner Art Student Tote)
Lindsay @ Lindsay Sews (Posie Rosie Little Things Jane Market Bag)
June 6 – Kaelin @ The Plaid Scottie (Liesl & Co. Day in the Park Backpack)
Colleen @ The Busy Bean (Amy Butler Perfectly Pleated Clutch)
June 7 – Bree @ My Crafty Crap (Jenna Lou Designs Mabel Bag)
Ayumi @ Pink Penguin (Signature Bag from Kumiko Fujita)
June 8 – Tamiko @ Patchwork Notes (Hexagon Patchwork Bag from Natural Patchwork)
Jessica @ A Little Gray (Pat Bravo Verona Bag)
June 11 – Jessica @ Sew Crafty Jess (Amy Butler Spice Market Tote)
Amy @ amylouwho? (V. and Co. Favorite Bag)
June 12 – Sara @ The Pretty Pickle (Charlie’s Aunt Casablanca Clutch)
Lindsey @ LRStitched (Noodlehead Envelope Clutch)
June 13 – Erin @ 2 More Seconds (Michelle Patterns Bucket Bag)
Caroline @ Carolina Fair (V. and Co. Carry All Tote)
June 14 – Ali @ a squared w (Paisley Pear Pretty Pleats Bag)
Rachael @ Imagine Gnats (Jen Giddens Pocket Tote)
June 15 – Holly @ Bijou Lovely (Noodlehead Go Anywhere Bag)
Katie @ There and Back (Sweet Pea Pocket Purse)
June 18 – Monique @ Sew Fun by Monique (Millie’s Market Tote from Happy Home by Jennifer Paganelli)
Katie @ Swim, Bike, Quilt! (Green Bee Scoop Tote)
June 19 – Jennie @ Clover and Violet (Lunch Bag from Pink Penguin)
Joanna @ Shape Moth (Emmaline Bag)
June 20 – Jen @ Bettycrockerass (While Baby Naps Metal Clutch)
Krista @ The Spotted Stone (The Sometimes Crafter Amanda’s Knitting Bag)
June 21 – Katy @ The Littlest Thistle (Noodlehead 2-4-1 Tote)
Terri @ Sew-Fantastic (In Color Order Lined Drawstring Bag)
June 22 – Elizabeth @ Don’t Call Me Betsy (Amy Butler Weekender Bag)
Sarah @ Fairy Face Designs (Lisa Lam Organised Office Bag)
June 25 - Kerry @ Very Kerry Berry (bag from Suzuko Koseki)
Laurie @ On the QT – Quilting Tangents (Betz White Hexie Hipster)
June 26 – Julianna @ Jednoiglec (Charlie’s Aunt Kitchen Garden Bag)
Jeni @ In Color Order (Bari J. State Street Tote)
June 27 - Melissa @ Bittersweet Designs (Bella Nonna Boutique Shoulder Bag)
Michelle @ I Like Orange Too (Left Bank Granny Bag)
June 28 – Kay Whitt @ Sew Serendipity Studio (tutorial: adjustable strap with metal slider)
Amy Barickman @ Indygo Junction (tutorial: installing grommets/magnetic snaps)
June 29 - Kelly @ Kelby Sews (Pat Bravo Paris Bag)
Bianca @ Sweet Diesel Designs (Lisa Lam For Pleat’s Sake)
|My free tutorial: The Underwater Stripes Bag|
1. Check out all the purse pattern reviews throughout the month and get inspired to sew up a purse of your own!
2. Join the Purse Palooza 2012 Flickr Group.
3. Link up your completed purse to the Flickr Group BETWEEN JUNE 4th and JULY 11th. Your purse must be created and photographed between those dates; purses made prior to June 4, 2012 will be disqualified. The purse may be of your own design, or made from a sewing pattern.
4. You may link up to 2 views of the same purse. More than 2 photos of the same purse will be removed from the group.
5. There is no limit to how many purses you may enter, as long as they were made between June 4th and July 11th, 2012.
|My free tutorial: The Urban Jungle Bag|
First off, there will be a team of lovely judges that will choose 1st through 6th place. ALSO, 3 randomly chosen winners will be picked out of EVERYONE who completes a bag! Some great chances to win!!
3 Randomly Chosen Winners
$20 gift certificate to Pink Chalk Fabrics
Thank you to all of the lovely and extremely generous sponsors!
Art Gallery Fabrics // Amy Butler Design // Artsy Crafty Babe // Noodlehead // Izzy and Ivy // Serendipity Studio // Martingale & Co. Publishing // Betz White // Sis Boom // Atkinson Designs // Mommy’s Thimble // Sew Fresh Fabrics // Bari J. // C&T Publishing // Michelle Patterns // Clover and Violet // Indygo Junction // Marie-Madeline Studio // Pellon // Pink Chalk Fabrics // Lark Crafts Publishing // The Quilted Castle // Fat Quarter Shop // Craft Apple // iThinkSew // Emmaline Bags // Bag Purse Frames // Zipit // Oliver + S // Ellen Medlock Studio // Charlie’s Aunt Patterns // Spoonflower
Grab a button, and let’s get this party started!!